The Advanced Simulation Technology group in AVL is looking for a candidate with a minimum of 3 to 4 years of sales experience. Qualified candidates should be self-motivated and possess excellent customer interfacing skills. The Senior Account Manager will be responsible for maintaining and expanding the company’s client base and revenue in a particular market. This position will focus on the heavy duty market. The Account Manager sells software, training and services to new and existing customers through phone calls, written correspondence and face-to-face visits. Applicants for this position do not have to be located in the MI area as most work will be done at a customer site or can be done remote. The ability to travel for this position is required.
*Automotive or software sales is preferred.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Employer will not sponsor an applicant for a work visa for this position.
• Meet individual revenue goals for software license sales, training and services.
• Learn and actively deploy the Company’s sales model including extensive use of CRM for managing the customer relationship and business opportunities.
• Submit accurate and timely business forecasts to the Director
• Effectively maintain positive business relationships at existing customers to ensure maximum software license renewal rate and expand the Company’s license base and revenue stream
• Create and execute sales plans to expand the Company’s software and services revenue at existing customer
• Create and execute sales plans including marketing events, sales campaigns and individual prospecting activities to identify new prospective customers and sales opportunities
• Travel to customer sites to conduct sales presentations and software demonstrations and provide consistent follow up on opportunities or inquiries
• Effectively position the Company’s solutions to prospect’s technical and business needs while differentiating the Company’s offering from the competition.
• Effectively utilize Company resources in pursuit of business opportunities including Graz technical resources, PEI and ITS resources as well as NA support resources.
• Prepare quotations and proposals and work with customers to complete the paperwork required for licensing software or executing project work.
• Negotiate business terms and conditions with customers to ensure that the Company receives a fair return for value delivered.
• Comply with Company and Department administrative and documentation requirements for quotations, proposals, sales orders, invoicing, expense reports, time-off requests, etc.
• Proactively solicit and communicate customer input to Graz to establish product development requirements and priorities.
• Coordinates with the President, PEI, and Director, AST on middle and long term market expansion planning based on market potential
• Supplies input to PMT and strategy team with respect to marketing targets (markets, customers, products and competitors).
• Negotiate complex sales deals involving large or global accounts and/or non-standard terms and conditions, including development of creative software license pricing and packaging arrangements to accommodate unique or demanding customer requirements
• Other duties management may assign from time to time.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field.
• 3-4 years successful software sales experience.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work independently
• Valid US driver’s license