AVL Powertrain Engineering, Inc. is looking to add a Technical Specialist in the Powertrain Transmissions area to our team. Qualified candidates should posses at least 15 years of applicable experience in order to be considered. Strong communication and customer interfacing skills are required. Experience in leading teams is preferred.
Capable of performing Transmission Technical Specialist role: provides significant technical expertise to AVL engineering activities, and is a subject matter expert in his/her field.
Technical / Engineering
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to engineers within the skill team
- Provide technical expertise and guidance to AVL PEI leadership
- Create and maintains technical education resources (Transmission Design documents)
- Participate in customer projects with new design/major redesigns as a technical expert and ensure best practice compliance
- Lead and author large proposals spanning multiple skill teams
- Participant in peer review process for proposals and projects
- Identifies and leads research and development projects
- Develops and shares best practice / lessons learned methods and documentation
- Generates and maintains benchmark data for subject area
Marketing / Sales
- Participate and lead industry forums or other panels of experts
- Support of sales/business development efforts (industry shows/customer visitations/technical presentations)
Planning / Coordination
- Coordinate resource usage on appropriate projects (R&D, customer, internal, etc.)
- Participate in the quotation/design review process to ensure deliverables are achievable
- Work with Customers to ensure proposals and projects meet expectations
- Reviews proposal, paper and presentation material for technical content and style.
- Participates in customer presentations for sales and reporting project status
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Employer will not sponsor an applicant for a work visa for this position.