AVL is looking for a Support Manager to help lead and develop the Advanced Simulation Technologies support team. This position will lead a team of technical support engineers in the CFD, MBD and Engine Thermodynamic disciplines; would prefer candidates to have at least 2 years of managerial experience and to be motivated to help their staff grow. The manager will also provides technical support for 1D and 0D engine analysis techniques and assist the sales team to achieve set targets on order intake, so experience in engine analysis is required. Additionally, communication and presentation skills are key elements to drive success as the Support Manager for AST.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Employer will not sponsor an applicant for a work visa for this position.
• Management and direct supervision of NA technical support team
• Offer pre- and post- sales technical support to the customers including model setup, execution and analysis (presentations, product demonstrations as required)
• Grow the number of engineers attending AVL AST product training courses (both at AVL and onsite)
• Produce reports that communicate activity of the NA support team using CRM system
• Customer evaluation support: pro-actively manage product evaluations
• Visits customer sites regularly to provide technical assistance
• Disseminate developed methodology’s to customers
• Competitor knowledge in support of Sales Management and Product Management
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent.
Experience managing a team of technical staff - at least 2 years
Experience in engine 1D thermodynamic analysis
Background in engine controls, realtime analysis and HiL platforms will be advantageous
Calibration experience is not required but preferred
Should be experienced in one or all of the following 1D tools; GT Power, BOOST, CRUISE, WAVE, Amesim, etc.